Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My box spring won't fit

Patrick wrote:

I moved to a townhouse and my queen box spring won't fit up the stairs to my bedroom but I want a queen bed in my master bedroom. How do I make it fit?

Hello Patrick,
This happens all the time. Usually the mattress can be bent enough to manage a tight space, turn or stairs. The box spring however is rigid and if the space is to small it just won't go. Since you already have the queen set we would suggest you check with a store near by and ask if they carry split queen boxsprings. It would be best to stay with the manufacturer of your queen set. If you bought a Sealy ask for Sealy queen split box springs. Split boxsprings are two individual boxsprings that equal the size of the standard queen box spring. A queen boxspring is 60 x 80 and the two split boxsprings are 30 x 80. You should have no problem getting these into your master bedroom and they will be just as supportive as the regular size.

The Mattress Doctor Team
GoToMattress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment